Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Picture Prompt for Week 3 at The Loft Link-Up.

Our assignment this week at #TheLoft is to write about what the picture above evokes in us.


     When I look at this picture, I am filled with peace. I can feel the cool mist of the fog on my skin and smell the earthy scent of grass and hay. The simplicity of the picture - from the green, green grass to the perfectly-rounded bales of hay, gives me a sense of serenity and comfort, and I feel one with the beautiful earth that God created. I could picture myself lying atop those hay bales, surrounded by quiet, the noise of the world shut out.

"How blessed the man you train, GOD, the woman you instruct in your Word, providing a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil.."
Psalm 94:12-13, MSG

     Although I'm not likely to find this beautiful, peaceful scene anywhere near the sandy beaches of Florida where I live, it is vital that I make it a priority to find peace and quiet amidst the noise and confusion in the world around me. I just love these verses from Psalm 94! God is telling us that, in His Word, we find a "circle of quiet within the clamor of evil." Though we live in a world that can be hard and cruel, and evil is continually attempting to lead us astray, we need only to open the pages of His Word to receive training and instruction for how to keep our feet firmly planted on His path. Though chaos so often reigns all around us and the world can speak too loudly in our ears, we need only to open the pages of His Word to find that "circle of quiet," where God speaks peace to us.

     This picture is a perfect illustration of these verses from Psalm 94 to me, and although we may not be able to "get away from it all" and lie atop bales of hay everyday, we may always find our "circle of quiet" in Him.



     

     


8 comments:

  1. Just reading this fills me with peace. How beautiful is His world when we are quiet enough to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post!

      Delete
  2. Oh Suzanne…a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil….just wow!! We all need those spaces to rest and recharge. When you come to visit your Mom, you will drive by the very place I photographed those bales of hay. It was on my parents' property which lies just across the street from your Mom's place. So glad you linked up your beautiful post at The Loft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Leah, for such a beautiful picture prompt! I should've guessed it was from Blairsville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spiritual application! I love the reminder that we can have this peace within evern when we aren't anywhere near it from without. Thank you for sharing that verse! Coming from The Loft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ren. I was so happy to discover this verse from The Message! It inspired my entire post!

      Delete
  5. Your application is so beautiful, if you're ever driving up from Florida to my home state of Georgia, just exit off I-75 and you can see this scene at my home! And yes - most of all our hope and peace is in Christ! A circle of quiet. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I loved this scene, and will certainly look for it when I head to Georgia next month!

      Delete