"Love GOD, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that's in you, love him with all you've got! Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night."
Deuteronomy 6:5-7, MSG
Home, the first 24 years of my life, was the city where I was born: Ft. Pierce, Florida. Ft.Pierce is a beautiful place to be born, and I'm so proud that my children are 4th generation Ft. Pierce natives! Ft. Pierce was, and still is, a place where its residents speak to each other, whether they know them or not. That may sound strange, but believe me, I've been in lots of places where people look at you funny if you speak to them and they don't know you! I love that about Ft. Pierce! I lived in the same house throughout my entire childhood with my mom and dad, and my older sister, Linda.

Here we are!
Home was: my German Shepherd, Heidi; playing in our tree house, swinging on our tire swing; going to the beach; camping in a borrowed pop-up camper (with rain everytime!); playing hide-and-seek in our house at night, with the lights out!; eating dinner together around our kitchen table; going to church, learning about Jesus, getting saved in my backyard, (thanks to my next door neighbor, a preacher's kid!).
Home was where we talked about God and got His commandments "inside" of us.
Home was always, always my mom and dad, my sister and me,
knit together in our Father's love.
Home, for the last 26 years, has been the city where I now reside: Palm City, Florida. Just before my husband, David, and I got married, we decided to move just 25 minutes south of Ft. Pierce. Palm City was quite small when we moved here, but has grown just enough! Palm City is where we have raised our two beautiful - now young adult! - children, David, Jr & Elizabeth.
Here we are!
Home was: our loyal cat, Beeb, and best dog in the world, Sadie; catching lizards (okay, mostly our son!); going fishing; going to the beach; playing hide-and-seek in our house at night, with the lights out!; going on vacations together; cheering on our son in soccer and cross-country; being mesmerized by our daughter at her ballet recitals; eating dinner around our kitchen table; going to church.
Home was where we now talked about God and got His commandments "inside" our own children.
Home is where we are learning to transition to what we need to be for our children now that they are grown. Home is where we will always talk about God. Home is where we will always, always be... family, knit together in our Father's love.
The Place I Call Home is...FAMILY!
Well. There you are. Man! I enjoyed this trip to "places" you call home. I could feel and see the beauty you shared with friends and family - especially family. I love the women here in the Loft and there you are - right here with me in Florida....a big place, but not so big because you're in it. Blessings ~Chris~
ReplyDeleteSuzanne, what a lovely and inviting post. I love how you incorporated your heritage in the Lord in your post, and how you do some many of the things you did as a child with your own kids. Legacy!! Thank you so much for sharing your post and your life with us at The Loft!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I love the discriptions of what is home to you in each of your homes! Coming from The Loft!
ReplyDelete