Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#TheLoft

http://www.leahadams.org/category/the-loft-linkup/
      I am very excited to link up with a site of bloggers for the next few weeks - #TheLoft.
This first post is to be a "get to know you" post, so here goes:
     
     I am...Suzanne, and I am a work in progress! I live in Florida - a native, in fact! I grew up in a Christian home and learned about God at an early age. My compassion for others led me to the nursing profession, where I spent sixteen years as an obstetrical nurse. While taking time off to raise my 2 children, I fell in love with volunteering at my church home. One of my first tasks as a volunteer was teaching children's Sunday school. My preparation for teaching led me to the Source of my lessons - the Bible. As I began to read, I soon learned all of the things I didn't know about God. Here I had believed in and loved Him all my life, never realizing I had been missing out on one very important thing: a personal relationship with Him. Teacher became student as I began to hunger and thirst to know God more deeply and intimately. As I spent time in the Word of God, slowly the personal relationship I never knew I could have with God began to take shape. My old life began to fade away, to be replaced with the new one God desired - one with meaning and purpose.

     Before long, I was tasked with not just teaching lessons, but writing them as well. What's more, I was given the responsibility to move my teaching out of the cozy Sunday school classroom and into venues with larger audiences. This was an unfamiliar and daunting task for the shy, young woman I was! However, a remarkable thing began to happen as I stepped out in faith: I began to hear clearly from God, receiving His unmistakable inspiration in my writing. In addition, as I stood nervously before my audience to speak, God absolutely took over, enabling me to speak boldly and confidently the very words that He had inspired.

     Over the course of 18 years, I learned so much, and was given many opportunities to write and teach all that God was teaching me, including 5 wonderful years as youth director at my church. I saw myself in the faces of those youth, and purposed in my heart that I would show them how to have a deep and personal relationship with God - something I had missed out on in my own youth. As I began my 5th year as youth director, God spoke clearly to me that I was now to write a book. After 2 1/2 years of listening for God's inspiration, the book was complete. It was a true labor of love! The end result is a 90-day devotional that leads its readers,step-by-step, into a personal relationship with God, and points them to the Word of God as the Source of all wisdom and knowledge, and gives them the tools they need to live a life of faithful obedience in a fallen world.

     I am... a person who lived my life for so long following after my own will, and in reading God's Word for myself and developing a personal relationship with Him, I now know better. I anxiously await whatever God has in store for me next!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Suzanne, what a precious and inspiring testimony! What an encouragement you are to others to really get to know our Lord. It truly is all about the relationship, isn't it? You have discovered the beauty of the Word...it never stops teaching. I am soooo glad you are joining us at The Loft. Looking forward to knowing you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah. Yes, it IS all about the relationship, and I'm so glad to know that now! Thank you for your ministry, and for the opportunity to share with other Christians.

      Delete
  2. Hi Suzanne! I'm coming from The Loft!
    This is a fresh new blog! It has that new blog smell ;) I'm glad to meet you!
    I loved this: "My preparation for teaching led me to the Source of my lessons - the Bible. As I began to read, I soon learned all of the things I didn't know about God. Here I had believed in and loved Him all my life, never realizing I had been missing out on one very important thing: a personal relationship with Him." Beautiful testimony! Love God's word <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ren! Yes, I'm definitely a newbie to blogging, haha! I'm glad to meet you, and enjoyed your video! Wow, you sure are busy! Thank you for sharing, and inspiring others with your THREE blogs!

      Delete
  3. Suzanne - I loved your post because of the way you gave honor to the Word of God! His Word is LIFE. I'm stopping in today from my friend Leah's "The Loft." I look forward to reading more of your posts. (I always wanted to be a nurse myself, but God had different plans for me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I agree...His Word IS life! It is so nice to connect with you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzanne, stopping by from "The Loft" this afternoon. I love reading all the "I am" stories. Your "I am" Post gives me hope for all the young people who have swayed from their faith. It really all comes down to a deep personal relationship with the Lord and not just knowing the bible facts. I know some young people who ride on their parents faith and then give up in their adult lives. We pray for their hearts to turn. Thank you for sharing your encouraging story. I look forward to connecting with you each week here at The Loft. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy. I definitely have a soft spot for youth, to be sure! I am so happy to connect with you!

      Delete
  5. It's great to meet you Suzanne!!! I look forward to more from "the Path".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Suzanne. I am coming to you from the Loft. I too live in Florida - a transplant from around the world. My grandmother was a Murray so we may even be related. Cool! Well, I loved your introduction. You are a teacher and you show us something refreshing and new. Thank you! I too look forward to more Loft Time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne! I am very pleased to meet you :) I can relate to you so much in this post and your heart is wonderful. It is great that you have such a personal relationship with the Lord - I am in a place where I want to know him deeper. Like you I love the Lord but there are days when the relationship is a struggle. But He is always faithful. Looking forward to reading more from you at The Loft :)

    ReplyDelete