me & my dad
me & my mom
I am so thankful for the living legacy I have in my dear mother. I'm so thankful, again, that my parents gave me the inheritance of knowing Jesus. There is no greater legacy a parent can leave than that! I have learned so many things from my mom! Through her example, I have learned how to be patient, how to nurture others, and how to be unselfish and giving toward others. My mom always listens with her heart, and is very concerned with anything that concerns me. She is my confidant. My mom regrets that her Christian walk was not where she wished it could have been when I was growing up, but I am thankful. I am thankful because she knew enough to make sure I learned about Jesus. And, I am thankful because it has been a beautiful journey that we have been able to make together, as friends. What a beautiful living legacy my mom is, that she has come alongside me as we strive together to walk the path that Jesus has marked out for us! Thank You, Jesus, for my precious Mom, and her living legacy!
I am so thankful to both of my parents for their legacy. Because of their legacy, both of their children are walking with Jesus. "Don't you see that children are GOD's best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?" Psalm 127:3, MSG
Father, I pray that I am able to leave a precious legacy of Christian love for my children. I pray that, in me, they will see You, and will see how much I loved you in my life. I hope that they will be able to see that "Your statutes are are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart, " that "I inherited your book on living; it's mine forever - what a gift! And how happy it makes me!" (Psalm 119:111, NIV & MSG)
Amen!

How precious! I love this post! You do have a wonderful legacy, Suzanne. How blessed you are! So glad you linked this post at The Loft!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Leah!
Delete