Friday, April 17, 2015

     I was given a beautiful pot of lilies for Easter, and their fragrance has filled my home with such a lovely, sweet aroma. As I looked to the Word of God, I found a beautiful passage about the purpose of a good fragrance:

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's victory parade. God uses us to spread his knowledge everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume. Our offering to God is this: We are the sweet smell of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are being lost."
                                                                              2 Corinthians 2:14-15, NCV

     This got me thinking - am I giving off the sweet smell of Christ in my life? Do I allow Jesus to so permeate my life that every thought I think, every word I speak, and every action I take radiates His glorious presence to others? Ouch. So often, I'm afraid the answer is no. Oh how I long for the answer to be yes! How can I achieve this goal? The beginning of these verses tell me: by allowing God to take the lead in my life.  When I submit my thoughts, words, and actions to Him, the sweet smell of His goodness, compassion, and righteousness flows through me, enabling me to "spread his knowledge everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume."

Let us strive to follow His lead everyday, so that our lives may reflect the sweet smell of Christ!

   


2 comments:

  1. Since we become what we behold, we give off the aroma of Christ as a result of spending time in His presence! Good word, sister!

    ReplyDelete